Union Middle School
School Community Council
September 15, 2022
- Welcome and Introductions
-Meeting Participants: Brenda, Ryan, Andrea, Jessica, Amanda, Ross, AShley Jeremy
2. Election of SCC : Officers Ross Booth, Ashley Backman
3. In-person? Virtual?
-We will have the meeting in person but can offer virtual if someone is out sick or unable to attend.
4. Update on Union Rebuild (Brenda)
-Construction is on schedule. Looking at moving into it by June or July 2023
-The school will buy a yearbook this year for each student. Discussed about trying to find a vendor who would donate to the yearbook costs.
6. Proposed Cell Tower Expenditures
- PBIS Rewards for School Store
-Examples include: mini candy bars, water bottles, t-shirts, pencils, frizbees, etc.
- Field Trip/Festival Buses
-Examples include: Dance Fieldtrip, Hillcrest HS Musical, Festival Busing
- Teacher Recognition/Expenditures
-Examples include: Teacher appreciation, Waffle Breakfasts (Quarterly)
7. Social Emotional Learning
– Union has an advisory every Friday where we have grade checks 2 times a month and an organizational/life skill lesson 2 times a month.
Meeting Schedule for 2022-23
The next Meeting at Union Middle School: October 27th t at 6:00 p.m.
- October 27, 2023
- November 19, 2022
- February 16, 2023
- March 23, 2023
- April 27, 2023