UNION MIDDLE SCHOOL
CONTINUOUS SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT PLAN (CSIP)
2019-20 School Year
Download as a PDF
Academic Goal – 75% of students will maintain proficiency on Union’s common assessments in all subject areas through May, 2020. (Scoring 70% or above on a common assessment will be considered proficient.)
- We will hire two reading aides to facilitate small group instruction in reading classes & two academic trackers to work with students that are struggling with academics or behavior.
- We will pay for substitutes to provide teachers time during the school year to facilitate backwards design of units, analyze student data, and professional development.
- We will pay a certified teacher to teach 2-3 sections of Study Skills.
- We will meet with school Building Leadership Team (BLT) during the summer in order to plan for the upcoming year. (We will pay a stipend to BLT Members.)
- We will allocate three days during the summer for math teachers to work on the implementation of the new math curriculum for the upcoming school year. (Stipend)
- We will provide a learning opportunity for teachers to read a book, discuss, and implement ideas related to our school vision and mission. (Stipend)
- We will continue to purchase technology in order to facilitate instruction and assessment in all content areas.
School Climate Goal: 85% of students will report feeling connected to school on targeted school climate survey questions.
- We will purchase incentives to reward students for positive behaviors.
- We will purchase a social emotional support curriculum to support student well being at school.
- We will plan quarterly team-building activities, including a kick-off assembly.
- The PBIS team will work with teacher team leads and student leaders to coordinate these monthly culture building activities.
- Develop and conduct a yearly school climate survey to measure progress