SCC Meeting Notes 3/24/22
- Building Update: about a month ahead of schedule
- 4 teaching positions currently trying to fill
- New school counselor will be joining us next year (Hannah Robinson)
- Mental Health Supports Update
- Reviewed Wellness Room Data:
This School Year to date– We’ve had 744 check- ins to the Wellness Room.
- March-105 check-ins
- Feb– 99 check- ins
- Jan-71 check-ins
The emotion that most students report is anxiety. 373 out of 744 students reported feeling anxious when checking in to the Wellness Room- when checking out, 145 students reported feeling anxious.
When checking in, only 36 students reported feeling calm. When checking out, 235 students reported feeling calm (it is important to note that they can indicate more than one feeling when entering data).
- Student can stay in Wellness Room up to 10 minutes if still feeling anxious can talk to a counselor before returning to class
- Anxiety groups have been very successful and we want to do them consistently each quarter next year.
- District in the process of putting lessons together that we can use in classrooms (parents may opt students out)
- Dinitri Jackson – Community Facilitator
- Dental Clinic
- Vision Clinic
- Pantry in the 300 hall-collecting food & clothing
- Identify families in need-staff sending referrals to Dinitri Jackson.
- Delivering fresh food to 6 families a week
- T-shirt drive next week (already have a lot of t-shirts!!)
- Finalized the 2022-2023 Land Trust and TSSA budget for the Teacher and Student Success Plan (TSSP). Council Members unanimously voted to approve the action steps and the proposed spending plan.
Next Meeting: Thursday, April 28th, 6:00 pm in the Media Center. This will be our last scheduled meeting for the school year. We can add additional meetings if needed.